A must have for any Absintheur, this See- Saw style single server Balancier is another way of adding sugar and water to a traditional absinthe. Sometimes referred to as the Cusenier "Auto Verseur" or see-saw, due to the lever motion while in use. This piece is meant to be used for a single serving.
To use, first pour a dose of absinthe into an absinthe glass (amount dependent on glass used), then lay an absinthe spoon across its rim and a sugar cube atop the spoon. The Balancier is then placed on the rim of the glass and over the spoon, with lever located over the sugar cube. Ice and water are then added inside the reservoir. Once the water begins to pass through a small hole located at bottom of the reservoir, it streams onto the lever which creates a see-saw motion dispensing the water onto the sugar cube, thus falling into the glass of absinthe. All absinthes should be made to one's personal preference. Add more water or sugar if you prefer. Remove and enjoy!
* Glass, spoon, and sugar in photos sold separately.
- Pairs with our Absinthe Glasses and Glass Absinthe Fountain
- Stainless Steel.
- Measures 4.75" (12.1 cm) tall.
- Measures approximately 3" (7.6 cm) in diameter.
- Legs can be carefully adjusted to accommodate a variety of glasses.