Graphic artwork gone bold with an abstract shibori-inspired grid of navy and ecru. Hand-knotted, pure wool, area rug has a velvety hand with a luscious pile, super thick and plush. Perfect for barefooted bedrooms and playful family spaces.
FEATURES & BENEFITS: Durable construction; plush, high profile; eye-catching, unusual weave. Because the weave lies in a single direction and is not apt to pull, hand-knotted rugs can appear lighter from one angle than the other - an optical illusion that is part of their appeal.
WHERE TO USE: Area rugs that are perfect for "centre stage" rooms like the living room, dining room, or master bedroom.
HOW IT'S MADE: Only the most skilled artisans can craft these rugs. A vertical loom is used, with the artisan painstakingly hand-tying individual knots around every warp yarn. The more knots per inch, the greater the durability.
• Please note: It is common for wool rugs to shed, as they are created from natural fibres that form long strands of material that are then hand-knotted to create delightfully soft and durable area rugs. Due to the sheared pile, lose fibres will eventually work their way to the surface. If your wool area rug starts shedding, this is normal. Just trim any tufts of wool that appear with a sharp pair of scissors; do not pull the fibres.
• Regular vacuuming and the occasional gentle shake will keep these rugs looking their best.
• For bigger messes, we recommend professional cleaning only.
• Ensure to use a high-quality rug pad to help protect the rug’s fibres from excessive wear as well as from dirt and moisture.
• Rake, brush or groom your rug weekly.
• Vacuum your rug at least once or twice a week. Use a vacuum with gentle suction—avoid heavy-duty vacuums or those with beater bars, as these can damage the construction. When vacuuming, work with the pile, not against it.
• Trim any tufts of wool that appear with a sharp pair of scissors; do not pull the fibres.
• Wipe your hand over the surface to collect any loose fibres.
• Rotate your carpet every few months to ensure even wear.
76% Wool/19% Cotton/5% Other
Regular vacuuming and the occasional gentle shake should keep your rug in shipshape condition. For wool rugs, we recommend professional cleaning only.
*Due to the handmade nature, variations in colour & slight variations in size are expected.
This product is available by special order. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
Made in India.
Please note: This product does not qualify for free shipping. Due to its size and weight, additional freight charges may apply. Please contact us for details and a shipping quote.